Sunday, August 1, 2010

Can you have fake nails on during delivery?

I was told that you have to take your fake nails of while you are giving birth. Is this true?Can you have fake nails on during delivery?
I have never heard that! I can see that you may scratch the baby once it's born, but not while you are giving birth. I love my acrylics...I wouldn't want to take them off! =)


Good luck!





(I did hear once that sometimes on the rare occasion it isn't good to get acrylic nails while you are prego because you shouldn't inhale the fumes...)





doctor says they r fine if you aren't an ';at risk'; pregnancy!





=)Can you have fake nails on during delivery?
I heard its fine to have them. You may not want to have a polish on them..maybe just a french manicure. They say nail polish is bad because you can check your circulation through your nails. But im not sure if they use that method anymore.
it is not recomended because the nail bed is how they monitor you. also besides the fumes the stuff in the acrilics is harmful to yours and the babys health. also the nails are not very sanitary and hold bacteria and germs no matter how much or good you think you wash your hands. this will cause your new baby to get very sick!!!!!!
why not??
Yes. It's fine. Get a pedicure while you're at it!
ask the person who's hand your gonna be holding, i reccomend wearign gloves or take them off, and also where a mouth gaurd lol
dunno but my friend had her ';downstairs'; pierced when she gave birth and did not have to remove it..........


i'd have thought fake nails were ok.
Unless your going to deliver your own baby its not a problem and its fine to have them.
That's funny, I've never heard of that before. You said while you are giving birth, are my nails really what they'll be worrying about while I'm giving birth? Sounds crazy. I think they should be fine as long you keep your hands clean, which they recommend anyway.
no its ok go ahead put them
Yeait is my friend had real long nails and she had to cut them because u dont wanna risk harming your new baby because their skin is so sensitive i would not recommend wearing them because going t the salons are harmful to your baby all the chemicals in the air. but the doctors are gonna tell you to get rid of them if they are to long but i guess if you get the short ones that look like your real nails i guess that would be ok
Its fine to have them done, it also a nice treat for yourself but you need to make sure they are not too long as it could make handling bub difficult.
I heard that it's not recommended since you have to go to the salon and the smell of chemicals in the salon is really really strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment