Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How to convince my mom to let me have fake nails?

ok so i already glue my nails and then i go to the nail salon and let them paint them but i want gel or acrylic. i already glue em on but i want them to last longer and look real.How to convince my mom to let me have fake nails?
Honestly I had acrylic nails for a long time and once I took them off and my natural nails were all rough because they filed the top of your nails so the acrylic will stay better, and they are a pain to take off, they have to be soaked off, which takes an hour and a half for the acrylic to completely dissolve. I don`t know about you but I really can`t sit in one place for an hour and a half unless I`m watching a movie. If you break a nail...ew it hurts bad my friend.


Honestly they are such a pain. Get a manicure on your natural nails and have them painted, it saves so much money and it does not mess up your nails.


But in the end you do what you want, and if your willing to put up with those acrylics then good luck to you.





Hope that helped!


Good Luck!


--Kenzie--How to convince my mom to let me have fake nails?
A part time job that would take care of the expense and the maintenance that has to be done on them might help. Also, a GOOD salon preps the nail better than you can and in the long run, because of the way they take care of your cuticles and conditioning, etc. it is better for your nails. Nothing is better than not putting on fake nails period, but going to a good salon is safest. By a good salon, I don't mean the cheap ones at the malls or strip malls. Look for a day spa or an Aveda salon. Yes, it will cost a bit more but they keep things more sanitary and use higher quality products as well as take good care of your nails at removal time. It is also a good idea to take your own manicure kit. Most good salons really promote that.





My sis just got gel vs acrylic for the first time. She says the gel is thicker than the acrylic but the sheerness of the gel nail makes them look more natural. Also, beware the latest scam is to charge you for gel nails and really give you acrylic. A good salon isn't going to do that. I have found it is best to avoid any place that does only nails and to use the old fashioned way of locating a good salon- the phone book. An ad with class is likely to be a classy salon and they don't advertise their prices in the phone book like the cheap places. Also, do a search on here (YA!) for gel nails. A lady gives more detailed advice than I have about how to know you are getting the 100% gel nails you are paying for. Gel nails can't be removed by just soaking in acetone, they do have to be filed or ground off of your natural nail when it's time for them to come off. You want someone with MAJOR experience when it comes to doing that. Most of the strip malls don't do true gel nails and will get out a Dremel and can really damage your nail bed.





So, bottom line, do your research to impress your mom that you are being responsible and depending on your age, be willing to babysit or do some part time job to pay or at least help pay for them.
well. idk i have the same problem. but truthfully as much as acrylic looks good (ive gotten it once). you have to get them done every 2 weeks. and then if not they have to grow out and it looks disgusting. and then eventually you have to get them like pulled off by the nail salon. its not really worth it...
pay for them yourself


mine please?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
tell her that ur not a little girl anymore, and that you'll pay her back

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have always wanted fake nails but now that I've heard many people say they hurt, I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts....

Post a Comment