Saturday, August 21, 2010

If I have fake nails and go swimming will they turn yellow?

I have acrylic nails and have been swimming all weekend and noticed they are turning a bit yellow underneath. Does anybody know if this will continue or have some information on this? I know they do turn yellowish when I tan so maybe it's something along those lines.......If I have fake nails and go swimming will they turn yellow?
When you swim, the UV rays are amplified. You need to use a UV inhibiting top coat. The best one i have used is Tammy Taylor A coat. I also use z coat as it stops nails from turning from using a lot of product (i.e. lotion, sunscreen, etc.) I also use A coat on my french manicured toes. They NEVER chip even when I swim daily. I can stretch a pedi out for 3-4 weeks if i need to.If I have fake nails and go swimming will they turn yellow?
if you have been swimming you have probably been in the sun, it is the sun's rays that cause them to turn yellow, just like when you go tanning. You can buy nail polish that will coat the nails with sunscreen that will prevent this from happening. I do the same thing, and have had mine on for a few months without any discoloration
nope, i have them also and have never had a problem with them turning color.
it shouldnt turn yellow mine have never done that andi swim a lot. call your estitition and ask what the reason for that would be.
What are you swimming in? Champagne??





But seriously, yes fake nails do stain. You could try re-painting them.





Or cultivate your real nails - lots of vitamins and Sally Hanson nail products should do the trick.





Fake nails are brilliant for certain occasions but they can be such a pain!!
no
not at all the stuff the use won't turn colors unless u get fungus under them, which happens after awhile with her nails becoming old
yes
sometimes the chlorine will react with the glue in your nail kit... this can result in...





flaking skin around your nails...


rash...


nails falling of due to reaction...





personally, if you have long nails, i think it is a bit dangerous to swim in a crowded area... you might take someones eye out with em!
Your nails don't turn yellow, I know because I have acrylic nails, too.
I manage a tanning salon and it's most probably the UV not the pool so just visit your local tanning salon and purchase a UV protective top coat like sun-e and appy that over your manicure about once a week.
  • asian makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment