Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is a good age for fake nails?

My daughter is 10 and all of her friends are getting fake nails I don't know what to say PLEASE help!What is a good age for fake nails?
13What is a good age for fake nails?
Tell her she doesn't have to do what her friends are doing. I would say fake nails would be appropriate for teens. Tell her the cons (not pros) of fake nails.


You have to keep them clean


They might break


you can do the same thing to your real nails


infections might occur


your the parent, you don't have to give in to her demands.


but if you allow her to, start out with the dress up kind where they stick on


then you could do the ones that have to be glued on. yes, fake nails can be nice, but I think natural is best. if she insists, just take her to a nice manicure and she will see her nails can look nice w/out fake ones.
Oh dear, I remember going through a fake nails phase when I was young. My mom had a rule, they had to be stick on (like the ones that have stickers to hold them in place) and they couldn't be worn outside of the house. I think that's a pretty good rule. She's 10 years old. It's absolutely ridiculous to imagine a 10 year old with long fake nails.





I would suggest picking up some different polishes, clippers, buffers, emery boards and having a nice little mother and daughter manicure session. Just because she's young doesn't mean that she can't have nice nails but I think fake nails is a tad much.
if she is still a tomboy, i wouldn't let her get them. and removal is painful. if you think she won't get them broken off, let her get them done once and removed once. she may think the process is too much work and not want them done anymore. but if she wants to get them done again you'll have to take her for fill ins every two weeks and help her with the upkeep of them and stuff. so the real question is: do you feel like paying about thirty bucks every month until she's old enough to get a job and pay for them herself?





how about letting her grow her nails a little, then using an emery board to shape them and using a french manicure kit (costs five bucks) to give her the french tip look? much cheaper and no painful removal or expensive salon trips!! and a good bonding thing, too......
the youngest i have ever seen is 13. tell her that the minute she is a teenager she can get them. that makes it more exciting for her to become a teenager and then you can talk about why it isn't okay to get them as young as she is. girls are growing up too fast these days and it's important that mothers don't let that happen. there is no need for fake nails, but you can always take her out for a manicure instead.





10 points! http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
I think any age is fine as long as both of you are comfortable with the idea.


I tried fake nails in middle school and hated them! I ended up popping them all off ASAP. Haha. Once I found out that I couldn't type well or pick up things and that it took some getting used to.... I was done with that idea. (Now I wear them for special occassions sometimes but they still annoy me :p)
actually those nails would b suitable only if daughter does not hav sensitive nails


but i would suggest 16 yrs is d best age for growing nails or havin fake nails


but i wud lik to advise d younger generation dat havi any artificial stuff is only affectin d true texture of d original stuff
Personally I think fake nails are unattractive. But at that age it may be the difference between fitting in and not fitting in. I would make sure that she would actually want them.
just get her a manicure where they give the look of the nails bieng fake but they arent actually.its cheaper and looks great. Especially since at that age there so wild and the nails would break


:)
I used them at 11, those fake ones you can buy in the stores, and I still do.
If you use the ones from a general store now would be fine.
I whould just ask her why she really wants them.

No comments:

Post a Comment